Tuesday, September 13, 2011

crumbs continue...


Greetings from Switzerland!  Please forgive the continuation of the crumb theme.  I found this fabulous poem which adequately describes the many little blessings of the last few days.  In truth these are huge blessing; but I really like themes so crumbs continue. :)

Crumbs
Gunilla Norris

Be careful with the crumbs.
Do not overlook them.

Be careful with the crumbs:
the little chances to love,

the tiny gestures, the morsels
that feed, the minims.

Take care of the crumbs:
a look, a laugh, a smile,

a teardrop, an open hand.  Take care
of the crumbs.  They are food also.

Do not let them fall.
Gather them.  Cherish them.

I have gathered to many crumbs to share with you in one blog; but here are a few of them.  I arrived in Switzerland safely and have gone through 2 days of packed orientation to the Ecumenical Institute of Bossey.  I'll spend the next 5 months living, studying, and worshiping my way through ecumenical formation - in short that means I'll live with 30 other fabulous Christians from around the world in a lovely house, called Petit Bossey, in the Swiss countryside.  We'll eat, study, and worship at the Chateau de Bossey.  That is the briefest description of this adventure; but more on that will come later.

Another great crumb that feel from God's table is I was called to be the Minister of Growth at Crestwood Christian Church of Lexington, KY.

How can I be in Switzerland for 5 months and join the fabulous church in ministry you ask?
That's a very good question, I'm glad you asked. :)
I'll begin this new ministry on March 1, after I return from Switzerland.
God is full of wonder and I'll happily partake in this goodness.

Words fail to fully describe this beauty, so I'll simply let my pictures do the talking.
My mealtime view.  Such lovely mountains. :)
Chateau de Bossey
Where we have courses and meals
Back yard of Chateau de Bossey - this is where we eat our meals...
and yes, that turret is our chapel!
How cool is that!?








So my friends, I am filled to the brim with conversations on ecumenism and unity, new friendships, love from you back in the States; and just a little Swiss chocolate and cheese. :)  I miss you all, but am also taking in all this beauty.  As I run through the foothills every morning (and to this Nebraska girl they feel more like mountains) I, slightly quietly, sing "The hills are alive....." 

They in fact are, here's one last tiny nugget of living beauty for you.
Peace, and goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment